Sunday 22 February 2015

Rafa showed confidence and qualified for the second round

Rafael Nadal qualified for the second round of the Australian Open after recording seamless victory with 3:0 sets over Dudi Sela with 6:1, 6:0, 7:5 for a little more than two hours of play.

The Spaniard started the meeting very strong and after 57 minutes on the court, already had a lead of 2:0 sets with only one lost game. In the third set, Sela levelled the game and even several times reached the break points, but however he did not take advantage from them. Nadal made a late breakthrough, which ensures his victory.

"In the first two sets I showed the game that I want to see. Then my level dropped a little and I began to assume a lot of mistakes. Overall, I am happy to go ahead after victory in 3 sets, especially after my last exit on the court and the problems that I had, "said Nadal after the meeting.

In contention for a place in the quarterfinals, Nadal will face the giant from South African - Kevin Anderson.

Nadal has been asked about the shocking loss of Roger Federer, who left the tournament in the 3rd round and he said: "It`s a part of the sport. Me, Roger, Novak Djokovic and Andy (Murray), we are years on the top and for us became increasingly difficult to maintain our level. Everyone wants to beat us when he faced us and gives everything. Our sport is becoming more competitive. I feel sorry for Roger and I wish him all the best in the tournaments until the end of the season."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.