Tuesday 2 June 2015

Kvitova with first clean victory at "Roland Garros"

Petra Kvitova recorded her first two sets victory from the start "Roland Garros" 2015.

She won with 6:3, 6:2 over Irina-Camelia Begu, which ensured her place in the fourth round (second round) in the tournament.

The champion of the tournament in Madrid ended the match with 18 winners and 9 unforced errors on her bill. Meanwhile, the Romanian Begu managed to impale only 7 winners against 15 errors.

Overall Kvitova served well today and throughout the whole match did not give a break point to her opponent.

"I knew I had to be on a high level and to play well against Irene. I was ready for the match. The conditions for play helped me, the sunny weather is always preferable. I was ready for every shot and I`m glad I did not have to play a long match, "said Kvitova after the game.

In the next round Kvitova will play Timea Bacsinszky, who beat Madison Keys, and the stakes will be participating in the quarterfinals of the "Roland Garros".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.