Wednesday 19 August 2015

Roger Federer went to the seventh title in Ohio

The six-time champion Roger Federer began the defense of his title in the tournament in Cincinnati, Ohio, from category "Masters 1000".

In the first match after the final of Wimbledon Federer beat Roberto Bautista Agut from Spain with 6:4, 6:4 for 69 minutes and qualified for the third round.

In the beginning Federer started hard, but he has found his rhythm. In the second set he lost only three points in his submission, throughout the whole game from tennis-picks he did not allow a break point.

"For a long time ago I had not played a tournament match. I had to be set in a different mood and mindset. I did it very quickly. It took me exactly 10 minutes to be ready for the game," admitted Roger.

His next opponent will be determined by the match between Kevin Anderson and Jack Sock.

At the ladies the tournament is category "Premier 5". The bad news for the organizers is the refusal of Maria Sharapova and Venus Williams.

Sharapova complained that she still feels pain in her leg and prefers not to risk before the Open Championship of the United States, which began on August 31 in New York.

"I trained here a few days, but the condition of my feet bothers me. I had to make a difficult decision, but I think that is right, I have to be completely healthy for the US Open", explained Sharapova.

Venus Williams had to play in the late match against Ana Ivanovic No6. The American withdrew, because of a viral disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.