Wednesday 4 January 2017

Giroud is going to re-sign with Arsenal

The Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud acknowledged that soon he probably will renew his contract with the club.
The Frenchman turned out to be a backup in the season after a strong game of Alexis Sanchez and there have been conspiracies that may leave, but on Monday he acquitted the titular place with his winning goal against the underdog West Bromwich.
He received some serious praises from the manager Arsene Wenger and admitted that now it is the time to bind with the team for a few more seasons.
'As I like to say football always gives a chance for a fresh start and we just have to stay focused and to wait for his chance. It is said that I renewed my contract, which is not true, but maybe it will happen.', said Giroud.
'That season has been really tough for me. I came back later after the European championship and in the beginning, I wasn\'t in a good shape. Then I was injured for a month, and another striker was doing excellent in attack. In such cases, you just have to work hard and be focused. I talked to my boss and he explained to me why I play a bit.', added the striker, who hopes to remain in the squad for the derby with Crystal Palace on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.