Thursday 30 May 2024

Tennis tips Verdasco on competition on tour: If you ask me if I would like to be No. 7 now or in 2009, my answer is now

Fernando Verdasco answered whether the current level of the men`s tour is comparable to 2009, when he was number seven in the world.

I think things are completely different now. When I became No. 7, the top four players won almost every tournament they entered. Other players had little hope of major titles, with only Cilic, del Potro and Wawrinka able to win a Slam during this period. Over almost 20 years and 80 Slams, this happened three or four times. Now, of course, everyone has more opportunities, and from a certain point of view this is more fair. . .

If you ask me as a player whether I would like to be No. 7 now or in 2009, my answer is now. Roger has recently graduated, Murray is no longer at the same level as ten years ago, and Rafa, unfortunately, always has to deal with numerous injuries. There is a feeling that the seventh seed at a major tournament prediction by archive of tennis predictions could have a real chance of winning, and in my time this was impossible.


Verdasco on competition on tour: If you ask me if I would like to be No. 7 now or in 2009, my answer is now Tennis tips - more details and information: Tennis tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.